Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mobile App of the Week

This week's mobile app of the week is Google Chrome.

Attribution: By Iphone_4G.jpg: DanielZanetti derivative work: Ralf Roletschek (Iphone_4G.jpg) [CC-BY-SA-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons


Why?

1. Access to my bookmarks

Having access to my bookmarks when I need them is essential for my work responsibilities.

2. Not having to use one app to for mobile browsing and another for bookmarks

Before installing Chrome on my mobile devices, I used Pocket for bookmarks.  While effective, it created extra steps of adding bookmarks via email on mobile devices.  I can add new bookmarks and access saved bookmarks within Chrome.

3. Synchronizing between phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop

Synchronizing means I never lose bookmarks when transitioning from one device to another.

4.PC, iOS and Android compatibility

Chrome works on PC desktops and laptops as well as iOS and Android mobile devices.

5. Browser familiarity

The iOS functionality is very similar to the experience on a laptop or desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment